When hiring a painting contractor, many people just assume a paint job is a paint job. Painting is painting. This could not be further from the truth. When comparing estimates, the prices can vary quite a bit. Some will just look for the lowest price without realizing the scope of work varies quite a bit from one estimate to another.
1) Protection: Clean drop cloths? At Northwest Painting we have separate drop cloths for interior painting and older ones for exteriors. We cover furniture with plastic to protect from dust, paint, etc. We also clean up at the end of each day.
2) Prep work: Proper prep is key to a quality paint job. Will electrical plates be removed? Patching. Will patches be textured to match existing texture? Will patches be primed?
3) Trim: Will trim be sanded prior to painting? How many coats?
4) Paint: Not all paint is created equal. All paint companies sell different lines of paint from low-grade paint, middle-grade, and high-grade top of the line paints. What products is your painter using? How many coats?
1) Prep: A few things to make sure. Is exterior going to be pressure washed? Is the painter using soap like Simple Green? Scraping and sanding loose or peeling paint? Priming bare wood? Caulking? Covering up to protect surfaces like concrete, roof, landscaping, etc?
2) Paint: What products will be used? How many coats?
A good painting estimate should be detailed. It should list prep procedures, materials to be used, and number of coats to be applied.
Northwest Painting is based in Woodland Washington and specializes in residential repaints in the Vancouver Washington area. We are licensed, bonded and insured. Wa Lic # NORTHP1854D6.
We take the time to cover up and protect. We go the extra mile on prep work and we use top of the line products applying two full coats of paint. Call Northwest Painting to schedule an appointment for a free estimate. 360-225-7427
Today I took the Wooster “Alpha” 2 1/2 inch angled sash tool for a test ride. Very nice brush. Stiff enough for nice cutting, yet soft enough to tip off and leave a nice finish on final strokes. The brush loads up well holding plenty of paint nicely without dripping. At the same time, also releases paint on the substrate as it should. Brush feels good in my hand. I really like this brush. I also noticed it seems to clean easy at the end of the day. I defineatly recommend this brush. I give the Wooster “Alpha” Paint Brush 5 stars.
Spring 2016 has finally arrived in Vacouver Washington! Now is a great time to consider sprucing up that exterior with a fresh paint job by Northwest Painting. Northwest Painting is your Vancouver Washington painter and specializes in residential repaints in the Clark/Cowlitz County Washington area. Over 30 years experience. Licensed, bonded and insured for your protection.
So, why is spring a great time to call and book exterior painting? We all know how short of a window for exterior house painting we have here in the Pacific Northwest. By summer, most the good painters are booked and prices increase.
At Northwest Painting we start by going the extra mile on prep and only use the finest materials. No cheap paint on our jobs.
Call Northwest Painting @ 360-225-7427 today to schedule an appointment for a free estimate.